Forum home The potting shed

Kew Gardens visit, July 2017

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,312

Today was the long-awaited Kew Gardens visit. BeausMum, Copperdog, Chicky, LG the L, Liriodendron and YvieStevie travelled from near and far and had a lovely time in the hot sun.

Dove, Wonky and Topbird were missed, but we ate cake on your behalf as promised!

We thought we'd have a new thread for photos, so I'm starting it now, even though my photos are on my camera not my phone so I can't post any until I get home  image.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,701

Safe travels All of you! Awaiting pictures and cake reports with baited breath! image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,541

Thank you LG for starting this thread image

thank you girls for a lovely day and lovely company.  I had such a lovely time and was so great to meet you all.

hope you all get home safe and hope we can all meet again xx

i was really pleased with my pics and will try and post as many as I can image

not a good start as don't think it's working! I'll try again later 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,873

The Mods have been alerted and the tech team are looking into it .........

I hope they realise that it's extra specially important today .......... 

Thanks so much for eating my share of cake everyone  ...... OH has bought me a cream and jam doughnut for my pudding tonight, just so that I don't feel totally left out .......  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 15,314

Glad the weather was kind to you and you  had a lovely day.

Looking forward to all your photos image

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,312

We made rather the wrong call on the cakes, I think. The ones where we ate lunch looked AMAZING, but we decided to wait until later. The choice in our later location was much more limited.  Still good, but I think we were all yearning for the ones we'd seen earlier. However, we struggled through image.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,755

Such a lovely day - thank you all for being such great companyimageimageimage

Kew was looking lovely - far more flowers than I remember from previous visits.  And the rain held off for one more day for us .....forecast is for torrential rain tomorrow ☔️☔️☔️

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 413

It was so nice to meet you all today, such an enjoyable day out together in the sunshine!  

Thank you Beaus Mum for organising it.  Liri & Yvie Stevie - hope you're both home too and not too tired as you both had so much further to go.  

Looking forward to a little rain tomorrow to fill the water butts up.  

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,361

So pleased you all had a good day - I trust my cake was either chocolate or coffee & walnutimage

Hope you all make it home safely (some of you have had a really long day).

Really looking forward to seeing some photos - hope the tech problems on the site are fixed tomorrowimage

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

Sorry folks, still not working