Forum home The potting shed

House Plant Problem

Hello, not sure if this is the correct section to ask for advice on houseplants, but can't find a section specifically for H.Plants.

My Crassula Argentea (which I always thought was a money plant)  has developed droopy and falling leaves.  I cannot see any infection and it is about 12 years old with a lovely thick trunk.  The leaves that are falling are healthy leaves.  I don't think it is pot-bound as it is in a large pot.  Any advice would be most welcome.  Thank you.image

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,104

Any chance you could post a photo of it Grace?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Grace19Grace19 Posts: 5

imageimage

Hello Pete8, hope I've managed to download photos !  not very clear images but hopefully will give you an idea of size and the droopy leaves.  Have only just moved it to the windowsill, as it was in an area with no direct sunlight before.  Thank you.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,104

There's a problem uploading photos atm Grace - hopefully it'll be fixed before too long

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Grace19Grace19 Posts: 5

Hi Mike, The plant has been in the same position, on top of a dresser in a cool bedroom for the last year or so, before that it was in the bathroom but got too big for the windowsill.  I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough natural light so I have only just moved it to the windowsill in the bedroom where it gets the morning sun but not the hottest mid-day. It has been loosing some leaves for the last six months I think.  I tend to water it when the soil feels dry so not sure whether I'm under -watering it?  Admittedly I haven't given it any feed for quite a while.  Perhaps I should move it back to the bathroom?