Forum home Plants

Plant leaves going brown and crispy?

CraighBCraighB Posts: 712

Hi guys,

Last year I bought Campanula Takesimana 'Elizabeth' from a yard sale and It came in a 9cm pot. I kept potting it on but from the moment I purchased it I noticed that every time the new leaves grew they started turning purple and then going brown and crispy on the edges.

I planted it this spring and all the new shoots looked very healthy, the plant grew to its full size and even produced lots of flowers, but all the time it was growing the leaves went purple and then brown and crispy. So it's done the same thing when it was a potted plant and also in the ground!

Can anyone shed any light on this for me as to why this is happening? 

Thanks

Craigh :)

imageimageimage

Last edited: 09 July 2017 19:29:42

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,000

Can anyone 'shed any light' image the answer is in the question ; Campanula takesimana originates from cool damp woodlands in semi-shade , coming from the Koreas and other parts of Asia . My guess it the plant has seen too much light , and maybe not enough water (rainwater preferably) .

• CraighBCraighB Posts: 712

Doh! image Lol

Come to think of it they are in full sun for most of the day so I think I will move it! Thanks Paul :)

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,000

Trim it almost to ground before you move it ; it WILL recover for next year !!