Forum home The potting shed

Leasing plots of land for gardening

Hi, everyone. I’d like to introduce SunnyPatch, a startup that connects aspiring gardeners with landlords who would like to lease out a part of their land. Many urban residents would like to tend a garden and grow their own produce or flowers, but don't have the land to do so. SunnyPatch gives everyone the opportunity become a gardener.

If you’re a landlord, SunnyPatch lets you earn extra income by leasing out part of your front yard, back yard, or other land to gardeners. If you’re interested in becoming a gardener, but don’t have property on which you can garden, SunnyPatch makes it safe and easy to lease a plot of land on which you can garden.

Check out SunnyPatch at http://sunnypatch.co  – hope we see you there!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,707

Tom ... is Sunnypatch a US project ?  Your forms ask for Zip Codes /State etc.  

This is a UK based forum and almost all the members are in the UK.  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi, Dovefromabove. Thank you for letting me know. Yes - at the moment, SunnyPatch is a US project, but if there's sufficient demand for it in the UK, I'm open to either expanding or reorienting it to the UK. The objective of the landing page is to gauge demand by area, and to start building a user base, so I welcome anyone who is interested to sign up (if you're in the UK, put in some placholder information for fields that are not applicable to you). As soon as I get a chance, I'll adjust the form to include country, and I'll make the "state" field optional. Thanks!

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,024

We already have a similar scheme running in the UK. 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

image Have moderators been informed to monitor possible code of conduct violation?

They'll see it on Monday Clari image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Cheers Dove. I'm not against the idea of leasing; am against the idea of taking advantage.

• Hi, Clarington - can you please clarify what you mean by "taking advantage" and why you believe that this post may entail a code of conduct violation?

Hi Tom ... what Clari means is that this forum is part of the Gardener's World magazine website, which is a commercial enterprise and depends upon advertising for its income. 

It is therefore understandably not keen on other commercial enterprises seeking to promote their businesses without paying for advertising ... not being fair on them or the businesses who do pay to advertise their businesses on the site.  

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll find the appropriate links at the bottom of the page.  

If you're not a commercial business I imagine that the editor won't have a problem ... and if you are you can discuss it with him and the advertising team.  They'll be back in the office tomorrow and their contact details are at the foot of the page

From time to time businesses have posted on the forum, advertising/profile raising etc .... sometimes in all innocence and sometimes being somewhat sneaky.  Regular members usually flag this up to the Moderators/Editor etc so they can look into it.   

Hope that explains image

• Thanks, Dovefromabove. My intent is to provide a service that some people will find valuable. I'll leave it to the mods to decide if this post violates their terms, and I'm fine with whatever they decide.

Thanks for understanding image