Forum home Problem solving

4 in 1 evergreen

1235»

• leesimon17leesimon17 Posts: 33

Just a quick update, the lawn seems to be getting there , some seed appears to be taking longer then others , a bit patchy , does grass usually spread? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,509
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thanks for the link, so now my grass seed is slowly coming to life , the other parts of the established grass is getting longer what should I do about mowing and will that disturb the new grass seed 

Hi , I have noticed there were patches in my lawn which don't look like the grass will grow back and there seems to be a lot of thatch and dead grass , so I have raked the patches and put top soil down and then grass seed and that should do the trick , it's been about 2 and a half week since I put the 4 in 1 down 

think I have a better chance the grass seed will grow I will just make sure the seeds don't dry out , will report back next week 

imageimage

An update, my lawn has turned into a great lawn and it took less than a month to do , will mow it in a few days 

Last edited: 29 July 2017 14:51:14

Hurrah!  image

And don't cut it too short!!! image image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

No not to short , properly do a high cut for a while and am I right to say not too short for winter time? 

Also i want perfection but no lawn is perfect I guess 

Last edited: 29 July 2017 15:08:58

Yes, I'd do a high cut first of all.  

There are three settings on my mower ... I never ever use the lowest one ... if I've let the lawn get a bit long I use the highest one, and I use that one for the first cut in the spring.   

Our lawn usually doesn't need mowing in the winter ... some do in mild parts of the country apparently, but not here in Norfolk image