Forum home Problem solving

What is this tomato infection?

Any ideas what is causing this? It is affecting one of four tomato plants (each a different variety) I grow in my unheated greenhouse. There are no signs on the adjacent toms, but this one (a beefsteak) has it on all the leaves except newly emerged ones. I have been removing dodgy leaves, but that is over half of the foliage!

• mushermusher Posts: 389

Not sure, may be Tomato Blight

• It looks like it to me too, but this is in a greenhouse, has never had rain on it (since it left the garden centre) and it has not spread to adjacent plants!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,365

Doesn't look like blight to me. Could the leaves have got wet during watering then scorched by strong sunlight? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,522

I doubt there's anything much wrong with your toms.
    If you could post a pic or 2 that would be a big help - when the photo upload is working again.
    It's unlikely to be any sort of bacterial, viral or fungal leaf spot. Nor is it blight
    There may be a slight magnesium or calcium deficiency which could be remedied with a good drench of diluted seaweed extract.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.