DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 42,860

A friend (who usually knows what he's talking about) has just posted this on another forum we're both members of:

"...As of this morning, photobucket the picture hosting site have put a block on any links to photos stored on their site. This means that you will not be able to see any of the pictures that I have linked to. This will affect others that use the photobucket site. Pictures can be linked, but only with a paid subscription, which is somewhat higher than most hosting sites that you run yourself...."

I don't use Photobucket so have no way of checking it out, but thought I'd flag this up ... 

Gardening is cheaper than therapy, and you get tomatoes. 

• Alan Clark2Alan Clark2 Posts: 608

I use Flickr, which has no such restriction, so I suggest you switch.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 14,222

I don't have the faintest notion what photobucket or Flickr are.image

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,807

I have just linked a photo from Photobucket to another site with no trouble.

Last edited: 30 June 2017 15:20:40

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,807

It seems to be off for some people, but not for others. Very odd. Perhaps it is something to do with the number of links that some people post. I do not do that many so my usage of the site for posting on other places is quite small, even though I have a lot of images stored in Photobucket.

• raisingirlraisingirl Posts: 1,713

There's another board I use regularly where most people use Photobucket. It's noticeable that an apparently random set of pictures have gone while plenty of others - including mine - are still there. I can't see any pattern to it. I am by no means a big user (my album is under 5% of what I'm allowed) but there are people who use even less whose links have fallen over.

It is a rather unreliable host though - there are fairly regular glitches with access. I think it may be time for a change

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett