Anyone have/ keep a gardening journal?

Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a gardening journal for myself. Just an A5 exercise book to start with. With a few pages dedicated to each month. I was thinking I need a few headings like this

To do

What is good

Lawn

What is new

Wearther

I've also got a seed tracker sheet to keep with the book.

Just wondered if anyone else has one? And what yours looks like or headings that you found useful. I feel a bit daunted by starting one, but I think it will be helpful in the long run.

Thank you for reading, Tina

• PosyPosy Posts: 1,639

I have started one on several occasions, Tina, but none has ever lasted very long. I do keep a single sheet of reminders for next year and I also record which bits of the garden I have fed so I don't do the same area twice and some not at all.

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,941

I kept a few of the RHS 5 year gardening journals and found them very useful. As they have all five years on a double page it is easy to look back. Every week is on a double page for the five years. Their headings are: weather, plants in bloom, tasks, notes. You can get the RHS one for a couple of quid on ebay.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My journal is in it's forth year, to begin with I did a week by week on what's in flower which helped me sort out some of the gaps in flowering. I also note what veg I've grown, what was good and what went a bit wrong. I haven't added as much info this year as in previous years, but I am doing notes for the kitchen garden, crop rotation, varieties grown etc.

I am planning on doing a "what job when" list, to help me plan more effectively, and definately do more notes next year when the greenhouse (coming soon) is up and running.