Hampton Court Show problem

Last year after seeing a piece on Gardner's World I bought some gladioli corms from Pheasant Acre Plants (www.pheasantacreplants.co.uk). These were to be delivered in Feb. Eventually they turned up in late March but one lot were missing. Just crossed out on the order form. I contacted the company and to cut a long story short I have still not received the corms and it is now nearly July! The RHS have contacted these people and I have sent numerous emails and texts and also phoned several times. I was told they would be sent, had been sent, were sent to the wrong address and other excuses. So does anybody know have a suggestion as to what I should do now. It is not a lot of money but £10 is £10. Living in Ireland it is not cheap to continue to phone and I cannot get to the company in Bridgend. 

Maybe somebody knows these people and can help? Doesn't leave a nice taste in the mouth or encourage me to buy again at a flower show.

Thanks

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,552

Not a justification for their actions, but I wonder if they are a comparatively small company who are simply not geared up for the large number of orders/enquiries they can receive from exposure on programmes such as GW.

In this instance I think you may just have to cut your losses and accept that the tenner is gone.  Little point chucking good money after bad with expensive phone calls.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,735

If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company and tell them.
    More than likely you'll get a full refund.
    I ordered some geranium plugs via Telegraph Gardening. I think it was 12 plug plants - 2 were dead. I emailed Telegraph and got no reply. Contacted my credit card co (Braclaycard) and they refund the full amount within days. So I got 10 free geraniums - result!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Pete8 says:

If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company and tell them.
    More than likely you'll get a full refund.
    I ordered some geranium plugs via Telegraph Gardening. I think it was 12 plug plants - 2 were dead. I emailed Telegraph and got no reply. Contacted my credit card co (Braclaycard) and they refund the full amount within days. So I got 10 free geraniums - result!

See original post

Thanks for the suggestion. I paid with my (UK) Visa Debit so not sure if this would work the same as a credit card. Do you know? Also it is now a year since I placed my order, allowing for the time until Spring when the order was delivered and then the delay in getting an joy from Pheasant Acre Plants. Maybe I'm now out of time?

Only one way to find out Joe - give your debit card bank a call and ask them. 
    One more phone call I know, but worth it if you get a full refund as I did.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,552

I thought there was a minimum value of purchase before the credit/debit card company will get involved.

• KT53 says:

I thought there was a minimum value of purchase before the credit/debit card company will get involved.

See original post

Min is £10 I believe but my total order was £27.50. The items left off worth £10 plus postage so I shoudl be OK.

• So I texted Pheasant Acre Plants (www.pheasantacreplants.co.uk) this morning telling them that I had started this thread. And a few minutes later I got a phone call from them!! All sorts of excuses such as lost my address, couldn't reply to texts because of the wrong phone number, lost my order, dog ate the order form (well the last is not true but you get the picture!). Promise to send missing corms in the next day or so. But they've said this before so I'm onto the bank to get a refund. Maybe something will come out of it but is shows that when you have a problem like this sharing on a forum and telling the people involved can get results. I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited: 28 June 2017 13:29:10

Good luck Joe!
    That is a benefit of social media - you can name and shame