Plant Choices

This structure was supposed to be a living structure, and it was designed & built by a local artist. But it has been left like this for a couple months. I wish I could bring life to it, but I have no clue on where to start. I'm a complete beginner in this, and I would like to hear some of your ideas on choosing some right plants, to make it beautiful.

PS. It has two garden beds at the centre of the structure. I'm here in Malaysia.

Last edited: 25 June 2017 17:14:46

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,716

Hello and welcome. We are in the main a UK based gardening forum so probably will not be able to give you any help. Perhaps try one closer to home? Sorry! The structure looks lovely by the way!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • hogweed says:

Hello and welcome. We are in the main a UK based gardening forum so probably will not be able to give you any help. Perhaps try one closer to home? Sorry! The structure looks lovely by the way!

See original post

Alright! Thank you for letting me know. :)

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,510

As the trays are so shallow for the plants I think maybe you have two choices, moss or succulents.

however for either you would need to drill drainage holes in the trays.

If you look up Mr. Ishihara garden designs I'm sure you will get some excellent ideas as he is fantastic with moss image

• Beaus Mum says:

If you look up Mr. Ishihara garden designs I'm sure you will get some excellent ideas as he is fantastic with moss image

See original post

Great suggestion! Do you think the frame need some climber plants around them?

Last edited: 26 June 2017 11:08:26

Hmmm might be over kill? Or maybe hanging orchids or such like that you have in Malaysia?

• Beaus Mum says:

Hmmm might be over kill? Or maybe hanging orchids or such like that you have in Malaysia?

See original post

True. But sadly orchids don't grow really well under hot sun. I'll look for something similar.