Feeling jinxed or going colour blind?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,180

I have white petunias which should be yellow and marguerite cappuccino, 12 plants all bright red! The joys of shopping online buying plug plants! 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,020

I grew several types of mixed cosmos - all of them are the same shade of red except one pink!
    Purity is about to come into flower so hoping they're not going to be red too! (or yellow!)
    My Ivory Castle self-seeded from last year, so have come true - I love this plant

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • jabsyjabsy Posts: 53

I've grew cosmos purity too and the first one to flower was pink, however the rest have been white so far.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,599

You can't go colour blind. It's genetic: you're colour blind from birth, or never.  Sorry about the plants, but you needn't worry about your sight!

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,969

My dahlia Scura which should be orange are fluorescent pink! 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,969

I think it's Roxie. 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • JacquimJacquim Posts: 49

LOL I'm so glad to hear it's not just me. Mt pink wallflower were all pure white. Fushias should have been pink and purple and are pale pink and white. Yellow gladioli have come out orange and yellow instead of just yellow (but they are really pretty). Hogweed have to admit I'm loving your dalias even if they are an unexpected colour.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,785

I think I have the correct plants but have been conned by photographic trickery by the online suppliers!

For future reference I can confirm eremurus romance is orange not pink and tropical dream is yellow not a coconuty white (as viewed through my eyesimage)

I already have orange and yellow foxtails but I would probably have bought these anyway??

• The user and all related content has been deleted.