Sheps Greenhouse thread

Hi everyone...it's been a long time coming, but finally my greenhouse arrived yesterday, all the waiting ( since Feb ) has been doing my head in, but it's here now and will be fitted on Monday morning, then I'll be as happy as a cat in a flowerbed.

The base has been down for 6 weeks, so roll on Monday image

I'll report back once fitting is completed and then with regular updates of my triumphs and disasters image

• BobFlannigonBobFlannigon Posts: 619

That's looking good! I'd love to make ours a little bigger, there's quite a lot of wasted space around the outside that I can't otherwise use!

What I do notice about a lot of new greenhouses (i.e. not mine) is that the base is fully paved, in ours we have a partial coverage where two main beds lay on top of the earth below.  Is this a conscious decision on your part or something more akin to "that's how it comes"?  I guess both have pros and cons, probably a preference thing.

• ShepsSheps Posts: 827

Thanks Bob...yes, in my case it was intentional, I had never planned on having open beds as I'll be growing my toms in Quadgrows like below.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,517

Come on now Sheps.........disasters ?image

Have a lovely Monday - you deserve it after all that waitingimage

Thanks Philippa...though I'm quite sure there will be a disaster or two image 

But saying that, my toms are looking quite magnificent image

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,517

Your Toms weren't there when I posted Sheps but, yes, they look super - well done youimage

Ta very much, Philippa image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,152

How are the pictures viewed I can't open them...

• JessumJessum Posts: 31

I have greenhouse envy already!  You are lucky to have so much space to have one.  Will it be a 8 by 6 or larger?  I have been trying to work it out!

I have been thinking about getting one but my garden is long and narrow and I am worried that a greenhouse will totally dominate.  My garden is six metres wide and by the time I allow some space behind it for all round access I think it may look too "in your face"

The unfortunate loss of a Kilmarnock willow has created a possible space so I will have a think about it..

Can't wait to see yours, is it going to be silver or green, are you allowed to say what brand it is?  Oooh, how exciting!

Hi Jessum...the greenhouse is a Hercules Trafalgar 6ft x 10ft in green, I would have liked a 8ft x 10ft but in my opinion it would have been too wide, obscuring the view up the garden.

I'd post a picture but this seems to be almost impossible at present.

• JessumJessum Posts: 31

imageOoooh!  I googled it to find a picture.  Very nice! I want to move in!!!!image