Forum home The potting shed

Pics of my garden

Hi everyone,

I know some people are keen on seeing updates of my garden since being on Big Dreams Small Spaces. This garden is a little over year old now.. and I've learnt so so much!

The below was around 1yr ago today.

• Well done in keeping it looking so lush, it's lovely.

keep up the good work.

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

I remember your garden. Its looking great and looks like you are really enjoying it too.

• Dilly3Dilly3 Posts: 89

Hi, what a difference a year makes, your garden is looking great. I have just finished watching your programme again, glad I saved it. 

You must be so proud of what you have achieved.  Just a few questions ,   did everything survive the winter, is there anything that you regret planting and what are your gardening plans for the next few months? 

I hope you enjoy spending time in your  lovely garden , your hard work was well worth it . 

Keep up with posting more photos as the season moves on. 

I forgot to ask, how are the agapanthus getting on, did you keep them in the pots ?

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,317

WOW!!!

• pokhimpokhim Posts: 210

The agapanthus are doing very well and they're still in the pot! I have 7 big stems and buds which are about to flower any day now...I reckon this weekend they'll be blooming!! I'll take a picture and put it up here. 

Some poppies i grew from seedsd

• pokhimpokhim Posts: 210

Dilly,

The only thing that didn't survive was the clematis armandi and a sedum which wasn't in the correct spot.

I don't really regret planting anything. Although i could have made some better choices as i have a lot of grasses, it's very dense in my main border and some of my faves are struggling for space, i also have too many shrubs and not enough space for them.

This autumn i'll have to move and cut back a lot of the plants to give others some room to grow. It's my first real year of an established garden, so i now know how things grows, what size they grow to and what they look like together over the season. 

Next year will be even better!! 

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 2,305

Looks terrific, I love how the grasses have softened the lines of the path.

I think we're all guilty of over planting when we first start gardening and some of us never learn ?

My garden is full but I still keep buying new plants now and again and I've been here 30 years. 

Never mind, you will have fun over the coming years, moving this and that  and for a new gardener you are doing a great job  and do take time to sit down now and again and just enjoy the moment. 

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Ooooo gorgeous! It's like a garden in a magazine. I love the limited palette and the softness of the planting to blur the edges.

What are the tall wavy purple flowers beside the buddleia and the grasses? Are they VBs? mine died. image

I was having second thoughts about planting out my grasses but you've convinced me.

Well done. Enjoy your success. image