Oh Look I can grow some things!

About 10 years ago I brought a potted plant back from my mother's on the Isle of Wight, which promptly "died" that winter. It was a single stem plant which I put into the front garden. It had me fooled though - ten years later and it has become this ......

Just wish my cucumbers and tomatoes would do the same!! image

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364

There was a plant like that in Homebase which looked as if it was about to be chucked out. I did not want it. 

If anyone is in the Stoke on Trent area you might be lucky to get a look at it  still. In the Woolstanton retail park by ASDA and the new M&S  Off the "D" road the A 500.  Where once there was a large coal mine, ( before Maggie Thatcher closed them all. )  Any  Stokies will know where I mean.

Now I wonder what the chances of someone one reading this and asking about it are.

Well its too hot outside to garden so I am just driveling on.imageimage

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• LOL....that is my local ASDA too Weedy!!!! So what was it then????I live in Biddulph.....Don't want any more plants either, but sometimes you can get a bit of a bargain there can't you!image

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364

Well there's a coincidence I didn't really expect. I am just on the western side of Mow Cop on the  East Cheshire/Staffs border .

Yes I bought two moribund Astilbes at Homebase last year.

This plant looked a bit like pinkmagpies picture just above my post.  

Last edited: 20 June 2017 23:34:51

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'