Ultimate Alphabet 'Y'

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,235

Having a little difficulty uploading picture. Bear with me folks.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,235

Sorry folks but I think the weekend gremlins have struck again. You now have time to think up all the possible 'Y' words you can until I can get the picture to upload. image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Xeric, dry arid place Desert, xyresic, very sharp as per our bayonets. Xanthippe was the sharp tongued Daughter of Socrates and the name for harridans everywhere, xeme a fork tailed bird. Xenagogue Guide. xanthcroic yellow teeth skin hair. Xenodochial cross fertilised. Xerophaious only dry food to eat. Xoanon wooden idol. Xystarch PTI, Xyston javelin or lance, Xystus a cover to work under during the heat of day.

A story of my crossing the waste lands in a trackless Desert using X words.

Frank.

PS I now go back into hibernation.

Ssshhhhhh! Don't anyone tell Frank he put his xcellent x words on the Ultimate Alphabet 'Y' page - missing the pic until the gremlins get sorted image

We are in business!

Yak; Yellowhammer; Yogi; Yoke; Yaffle..........................over to you! 74 to be found apparently.

• Ruby12Ruby12 Posts: 2,193

Yacht  yew yorkie yellow hammer

Occasional flights into reality. B) 
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

yin yang yew yashmak yoyo yasp... image yurt, yayli tanbur

Last edited: 18 June 2017 22:02:51

• Ruby12Ruby12 Posts: 2,193

Y yoyo yurt yardstick yardofale yam yarn

sorry doubled up on yellow hammer 

Occasional flights into reality. B) 
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

This little dark haired dark eyed Welsh girl looked boldly at the young soldier and said “Bora Da Be Ydy Dy New Di” He replied Ydych chi’n Siarad Saesneg ?” she said I am Nesta do you dance and so he came to meet the Welsh Dragon her Mother.

One Saturday dance she said you are coming to Sunday lunch after Chapel and so it came to pass. Dad a big Welsh miner mother a slightly larger version of Daughter Nesta she was definitely YDdaig Goch, Red Dragon Rampant. Dad greeted me with Yaki Da The soldier did not know if that meant “Up the Welsh or Good Luck referring to the Red Dragon. We walked round a lovely well kept garden which was mostly Vegetables but the soldier noted the Yulan Magnolia, Yoshino Cherry, the Yew and Yellow Cedar along with the Daffodils and proverbial Leeks. Lunch was quite something after all they were miners they could eat, even the Welsh Yorkshire puddings were good, he noticed Y Ddaig Goch watching as he tasted them and then the roof fell in. When you marry our Nesta you will have to move here we cannot have her lonely up in the dark northern climes where it snows half the year. Soldier in shock ( who had mentioned marriage?) kept his trap shut. He got back to barracks and the Guard Sergeant said we were looking for you, pack your kit you are on the morning train to yampshire well he was a Southerner we erudite Northerners would have said Hamp-shire. So without good by I left Wales with a loud Yaki Da which had the soldier been nasty could have meant up yours.

Frank

Last edited: 19 June 2017 10:21:09

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

Not so much as a good-bye? I don't believe it. Not our Frank.image