Resurrected Sixteen

'Every Spring is the only Spring, a perpetual astonishment.'
Ellis Peters 🌸

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 11,917

Hello, dollop, dollop. Just making sure I get notifications, but now is nearly bedtime.

Will have a family filled weekend. Daughter 1 is coming with her OH and 3 sons. They want home made pork pies for lunch on Sunday. We are all going son 2's on Saturday for lunch so we can cuddle new baby and admire his new house. I admired it yesterday too and had a good cuddle of said baby. So cute!

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,107

Wow       So......./ Rez 16!!!! 

Looks like you've all turned in for the night.  See you all in the morning image

Sweet dreams everyone, night night x

I haven't! Having hot chocolate and looking at emails. OH is in England for the next 6 days.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,107

Ooh hi BL, you weren't there just now. Nothing like a baby cuddle. image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,483

Nighty night all - sweet dreamsimage

Weather lady has just said we might hit 32C here on Monday - I shall have to sleep naked with ice cubes...image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

Wouldn't you rather sleep with OH? image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 10,811

Morning Rezzers.

There's a bit of a nip in the air this morning.

T'bird,  hope you can find an easier way to keep coolimage

SW Scotland
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 1,709

Good Morning Rezzers.

Might be good weather later.

How delicious to cuddle a baby BL - Lucky you.

Trip to nearest town today to return an incorrect online order to Wilko and a mis-labelled shirt from a charity shop.  Hope to get some plants (herbaceous perennials) to hop into my bag from the Friday Farmers Market.

• LantanaLantana Posts: 3,817

Haven't got any plans, as such, for today but I dare say something or other will crop up. Can only hope it's good ! 

Resurrected 16. Doesn't time fly when you're having funimage

• SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,022

Morning all. Busy weekend coming up as my husbands brother is coming this afternoon and will stay until Sunday. He plans on taking Paul out to the pub so I am expecting two very drunk men tonight. Then I have planned a family BBQ for Father's Day on sunday. I will be off out later to buy decorations for the garden and more beer. We are going to go overboard with balloons and bunting and I will cover the garden with solar lights for the evening. It is going to be tacky but epic.

but before I get to the fun part I have a house to clean, spare room to get ready, washing to do and food to buy. Just having a morning coffee before I find the energy to start.

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 4,865

Morning all.

Could I just point out that I haven't yet discarded my fleece. Where is all this temperature you're talking about?

Today I will mostly be watching my grass grow. (and eating bourbons...anyone else remember the gardener on The Fast Show?). Today I will mostly be wearing corduroys....

It all got cut yesterday except for the bit behind Tina Turner which I can't see unless I go looking, so I'm feeling very smug....and sore. Sore hips and a sore toe. Damn that boggy ground.

I've sort of hi-jacked next door's grass man (Joyce image) and I make him strim along the sheugh and the fence. It only takes him about 15mins and it's another bit I don't have to do. I'm becoming aware of carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and I want to head them of at the pass if I can.

Enjoy your day.

For anyone seeking nuggets amongst the crud...happiness is putting the lawnmower into the garage after a 2 1/2 hour grass cut as the first drops of rain fall. image

Winner winner chicken dinner!

• ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 1,709 have a very busy weekend ahead, but sounds such fun.  I think the weather is going to be kind.  

PlantP....Hmmm... swathed in fleeces, corduroys and eating bourbons - very decadent.  

• Hazel -1Hazel -1 Posts: 4,580

Good morning.

Hope all those with busy weekend ahead have a wonderful time . Weather expected to be really nice.image

Im going to have my thatch cut today and then maybe do that thing which is unmentionable on hereimage

Hazel,  my mind went into overdrive there.....thoughts of a bikini line wax then it dawned on me what you meant  -    i.....g image 

SW Scotland

Sunny,  enjoy your weekend with OH.s brother staying with youimage

SW Scotland
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 9,355

Good morning, me ducks.

Sunny....a lovely idea to celebrate life....I hope Paul and the family have a brilliant time on Father's Day and that all your OTT plans go better than well.....keep your chin up,'re doing a grand job.

Joyce....OH is probably in the best place right now, get those fluid levels topped up, but I do hope he can soon come home and you can get your regular routine back in place...will that take time with the Alzheimers?  Probably a very silly question, apologies if it is. Look after youself in the meantime.

Today I shall mostly be wearing a couple of thin layers......I remember that brilliant old gardener character from 'The Fast Show', PP, yes!  Cold in Norn Iron then, yes?  Not looking exactly scorchio here, either. image  That white, blank sort of sky that means anything could get thrown over us anytime soon. Probably none of it good.  Worst June I can remember for rain....more rain....yet more rain.  Rubbish, up here.'ve been telled!  Step away from the i--n........happy haircut, though!

LB's back later today so I've bumped up the last 2 unsolved puzzles on Puzzlers 2, see if we can work 'em out before she gets back......when I say 'we' I mean 'you' cos I can't image

Off to Turriff later, need a few bits and pieces.....

Hope Pansy's managed to get to the hospital and not fallen into that big 'ole in her garden.......

Laters, Rezzers.....take care of yourselves.  image

Last edited: 16 June 2017 10:19:22

'Every Spring is the only Spring, a perpetual astonishment.'
    Ellis Peters 🌸
  • Hazel -1Hazel -1 Posts: 4,580

H******rk too MU and Joyceimage(.... might be too hot though......)

Good luck PF today. Joyce, hope you find OH a little better today.

• debs64debs64 Posts: 362

Hi all, busy day at Gardeners world show yesterday but to be honest I was a little disappointed as not many plants for sale, lots of plants but not much variety I mean. I may do Malvern instead next year! I did sample lots of alcohol and food though and bought cassis and apple brandy to pop into the old prosecco and some lovely curry sauces and salami. Hubby was in his element and it was a lovely day. Got some of my lot over for a BBQ tonight so cleaning house and tidying garden today. 

Joyce hope OH getting better must be a worry.

Sunny your weekend sounds fun, make lots of happy memories to help you through the hard times 

Pansy good luck at hospital 

MU today I are mostly feeding the tortois! 

• LantanaLantana Posts: 3,817

Yes, I remember the gardener too, pp! Wasn't it the Fast Show where 'scorchio' with the bored weather girl stems from as well?image

Joyce, hope you find OH a little better today and Pansy, hope your appointment isn't too 'useless'.

Sunny, what a brilliant idea for the weekend! Go on girl, make it as loud and as tacky possible and have a fantastic time. A word of advice though - get the spare room ready but ditch the house cleaning! Nobody will give two hoots whether it's immaculate or a bit mucky or dusty in places and if they do, they probably aren't the sort you'd invite anywayimage

Debs, what a pity about the plants but you did ok in the food and booze stakes insteadimage

Hazel, a couple of my RC dahlias have minute buds appearing- at least I think they're buds. Thing is they're covered in aphids and ants. 

Today I shall be mostly trying to murder insects - in the nicest possible way of course.

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 7,020

Afternoon girls.  

Bright and sunny on and off all morning, expecting higher temperatures this afternoon.   

JOYCE.   Let's hope your Oh is feeling a lot better today.   

TB.   Now there's an image in my head I can't get rid of image.  

HAZEL.  Ha ha, I thought the same as Joyce. image    I had a Brazilian once...............and I never want to see him again. image     I also thought for a split second that you had a thatched roof.  imageimage

SUNNY.  Sod the housework, they'll only mess it up anyway.   Have a ball, and  make lovely memories.  Do you have a camcorder ?      I hope the sun shines for you. 

DEBS.   Ne'er mind, at least younhad a good day out even if there weren't many plants to squeeze into your bag. 

MU.  Enjoy your trip to Turriff.   Let us know of any 'interesting' bits and pieces. 

No plans here either LANTS.   Shall we just sit and put the world to rights ?   I have fruit cake. image   

Afters PP & FEDGE image