Flipping dog!

George just leaped out of the back door into the garden and took both flowering stems off my Nicotinia! I only planted it three weeks ago and it had loads of buds on it.  

I love that dog but sometimes.......
I wish I was a glow worm
A glow worm's never glum
Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,188
     :'( :'( :'(

Hopefully there's still time for it to throw up some side shoots .... or, you could make the dog eat bread and water for a week and treat yourself to a new one ........... plant I mean, not dog ............... although, you could pretend ...........  ;)
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 45
    :D 

Bless him!  I didn't see him do it but found them a few minutes later.  I waved them at him and told him off and he gave me that confused look dogs have when they know they are in trouble for something but they aren't exactly sure what......
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
  • scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,218
    I know that look Laura. Floss is generally really good, but if she sees an ' intruder' in her patch she'll make a straight line dash which does sometimes incur casualties.
    That's what George did.  Chasing off the invisible cat!   :p 
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,080
    It's SITTING on the plants for a little rest that does for mine. There's grass. Why not sit on the grass for Heaven's sake?
    Oh yeah!  I know that one.  And it's always the expensive fragile plants.  It's like they know. :smiley:

George also loves the taste of grass.  But a couple of days ago decided he'd quite like to eat my wild geranium as well...
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 772
    My dog has decided that this year he likes eating/chewing my black elder!!
  • scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,218
    Floss is partial to picking strawberries and raspberries from the allotment.
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener South WalesPosts: 483
    One of my cats has made a lovely cosy nest on my ornamental grass! He sleeps there more than in his nice soft cosy kennel! Also it seems the bird bath water tastes better than his own!!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    Cats are pretty much a law unto themselves.
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum