ID please

JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 397
edited 1 June in Plants
Popped up where Ive shifted some soil around, could be from seed in my compost, any ideas? 

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,884
    Euphorbia of some description.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,188
    or a Sedum spectabile sort of thing?  :)
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Cerinthe major
    Cerinthe major
    It looks a lot sturdier than mine ... but you may well be right Alan  :)
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 397
    It does look along those lines, might be a bit too small to gauge at the moment, but I have a vague memory of sowing some of them in fairly close proximity a few years ago, but they never made it beyond seedlings when the rabbits did for them. Must have been stray seed in the soil that got disturbed 
  • IamweedyIamweedy Posts: 1,085
    It looks like a Sedum to me with those fleshy leaves.
    just had a google and it does look very like some sedums, not one I’ve ever planted though. Will have to see what happens with it 
    Just a quick update on this, turns out its not a sedum or euphorbia. Its actually Eucalyptus growing from the log slice next to it! I just noticed some of my fenceposts sprouting it. We had a huge Eucalytpus blow down in the winter, and Ive used the sliced up logs all around the garden. Hope they dont all start growing otherwise were going to have quite a forest growing! 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 2,576
    It's amazing how cut logs can do that. These long cut logs were happily growing away.

Well I thought it looked sturdy .... not surprising ........ it was a tree