What is your weather like? (3)

Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,211
edited 4 April in The potting shed

Hello All. Nora has asked me to start a new weather thread as the last one, version 2, is getting very full. So here it is.

We had huge storms last night, but this morning is sunny.

Here is the old thread: https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/987237/what-is-your-weather-like-2/p300 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 679
    Heavy rain one minute, sunshine the next. I am in and out like a maniac, planting & weeding ! (Glos)
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 4,049
    On and off here too... 
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change"    Stephen Hawking
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 3,917
    Same here AnniD & Liri, heavy short showers then sunshine.  Not cold but quite breezy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,967
    Rain on, gardening off.  Hail, thunder, squally winds and very dark.   If it stops, we'll move compost, seeds, trays and tables down to the polytunnel cos this is getting beyond a joke.  Last year the wisteria was about to burst and I was in t-shirts and flip-flops.  This year, wisteria still hibernating and I have ski socks and sweatshirts to keep me warm.
    The Vendée, France
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,211
    Got very windy, have come indoors.
  • paul_in_surreypaul_in_surrey Posts: 148
    Blurgh - just blurgh. Already had more than twice as much rain this April than last (though that was a bit of a drought). Coming down again here - but at least I think we're warmer than those up North.
    “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,416
    Sunny spells and 16C here in Norfolk ... it's chilly when the sun goes in but we've been gardening for most of the day so far  :D
    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 10,022
    A sweltering 4 degrees here today, with more of the same forecast. A friend driving from Dundee to London last week noted a mean difference in temperature of 14 degrees.
    Which is VERY mean, in my view. 😁
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞
  • Hampshire HogHampshire Hog Lee on the Solent HampshirePosts: 48
    wet and windy first thing but not a bad day sunshine and showers all day
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.  

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,416
    Sunny spells and 16C here in Norfolk ... it's chilly when the sun goes in but we've been gardening for most of the day so far  :D
    We've had a few heavy showers this afternoon, therte's a bit of a breeze and it's definitely cooler than it was. 
    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood