How to change your username

NoraGWNoraGW Posts: 455 admin
edited 12 March in The potting shed
Good morning all,

Hope you all had good weekends!

I apologise for not giving you any info on how to change your username - it looks like quite a few of you would like to do this.

Here's how...

1. Click the GardenersWorld.com logo in the top left corner of this page to go back to the GW homepage

2. From there, click My account in the top right corner, and then click Settings

3. The first screen you see will have your current username. Change it to what you would like it to be, and click Save Changes

That will have changed your username - however you may need to sign out of the forum and then sign in again to see the changes. 

Hope that helps!

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,054
    As someone who did this I can confirm how easy it is. Note it will change your name on all your historic posts as well.
    AB was IainR
    AB Still learning
  • danielthefrazerdanielthefrazer Posts: 4
    edited 14 March
    ignore!
  • IgrowfromseedIgrowfromseed Posts: 105
    Hi
    Can't find My account after clicking the Gardeners' world.com logo.
    Any other way of changing your user name?
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 818
    Alec. Is it not on the black stripe , above the pink /purple 'secret garden ' button.  Mine is, I have just checked.  
    Hi Pauline
    Still can't see any sign of an account tab.
    If I click on the Gardener' world.com on the black band I get the GW home page. The secret garden tab is white on purple with a sign in / register logo above that doesn't get me to the account.
    Any direction would be most appreciated.
    Thanks
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,416
    Hi Alec  :)
    Do you have your name towards the top right hand corner?  If so, there's a row of icons to the right of it ... click on the far right one (a little cog wheel) ... that'll get you into your account. 
    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
    Hi
    The cog brings down edit profile & 3 others. None of them allow me to edit my user name. May be I need to post a few more posts to gain access?
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,416
    edited 7 April
    @Igrowfromseed ;   /Alec ... You've done it ... you probably need to log out and back in again in order for you to see it. 
    In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
    Yes, the 'my account' suddenly appeared above the 'secret garden' tab on the GW home page.
    Thanks for everyones help.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 818
    Alec.  When I click on the gardeners world logo.......Top left on forum page. ....I get this 

Is this what you get? 

If so .....Click on my account and change it from there 

Hope this helps.